The Events in Ferguson will one day make a great movie for white people to feel guilty about and give an academy award to
and the story will revolve around a white journalist who ultimately realizes that wow, we’re all human
Reblog if it’s okay to befriend you, ask questions, ask for advice, rant, vent, let something off your chest, or just have a nice chat.
I just want it to be autumn so I can wear boots, sweaters, and shawls.
- Me: Did you find everything ok today Sir?
- Male Customer: Yeah everything was fine, but prices on the cat food just keep going up! I remember when it was only .30 a can! But I bet you don't, you're like what...20?
- Me: 21, but yes.
- Male Customer: God you're young, I bet you'd never go out with someone my age, unless you have some Daddy issues
- Me: ...........
- Male Customer: so do you like working here? Are you in school?
- Me: Your total today is 21.38 Sir.
- Male Customer: Are you seeing anyone?
- Me: ......Cash or Credit Sir?
- Male Customer: When do you get off work?
- Male co-worker comes up next to me: Everything ok?
- Male Customer: Yeah we're fine
- Male Co-worker: Actually I think you're being really rude
- Male Customer: What are you her boyfriend?
- Male co-worker: No I'm not. And even if I was, why would it matter? Her job is to ring up your items, make sure your shopping experience was pleasant and give you change. You're making really creepy comments to a young woman you don't even know at a cash register, it's not ok.
- Male Customer: You can't talk to me that way! I want to speak to your manager.
- Me: It's really ok, everything is Ok
- Male Co-worker: No no, I'll go ahead and call our FEMALE boss up here to address any grievances you might have *Sir*
- Male Customer: slams down 25 dollars grabs his bags and leave*
- Male Co-worker: You don't even have to take anyone's shit here. If anyone even looks at you funny, pick up that phone, call a manager, call me, call another co-worker and it will be handled. You are a valued employee and you deserve to feel safe and respected at work by *everyone*